BBL Risk And How to Avoid Them
Infection BBL is a potential risk associated with any surgical procedure, including BBL. The introduction of foreign substances into the body and the creation of incisions make it crucial to maintain strict hygiene and follow post-operative care instructions diligently.
To reduce the risk of infection BBL, choose a board-certified plastic surgeon for the American Society of Plastic Surgery with a reputable track record. Ensure that the surgical facility adheres to stringent cleanliness standards. Post-surgery, taking prescribed antibiotics, and keeping the surgical area clean are vital steps in preventing infection.
It’s not uncommon for some of the transferred fat to be reabsorbed by the body after a BBL. While this can affect the final results to some extent, skilled surgeons employ techniques to minimize fat reabsorption. Scheduling your consultation with us, discuss fat transfer methods and realistic expectations with our surgeon. Start your consultation here.
Seroma is the accumulation of fluid under the skin, which can occur after BBL surgery. It’s essential to be aware of the possibility of seroma formation, as it may require drainage. Our surgeon will monitor your recovery closely and address any seroma-related concerns promptly.
Like any surgery, BBL can result in scarring. The extent and visibility of scars can vary depending on surgical techniques and individual healing. Our Plastic surgeons at CER Hospital often use inconspicuous incision placements to minimize visible scarring. Scar management techniques can further help improve their appearance.
Achieving perfect symmetry in any cosmetic procedure is challenging. While Our skilled surgeon strive for balanced results, some asymmetry can occur. It’s essential to have realistic expectations and understand that slight asymmetry is common and can often be addressed with minor revisions if necessary.
Tissue necrosis, where tissue dies due to insufficient blood supply, is a rare but serious complication that can occur after BBL. Our Surgeons take all precautions to minimize this risk by avoiding over-injection of fat and ensuring proper blood flow to the treated areas. Immediate medical attention is crucial if tissue necrosis is suspected.
Bleeding is a potential risk during surgery, but our surgeon Dr. Luis Suarez MD will employ techniques to minimize this risk. Following post-operative guidelines, such as avoiding blood-thinning medications and strenuous activities, is essential in preventing excessive bleeding during the recovery period.
Temporary loss of sensation in the buttock area is not uncommon after BBL due to surgical manipulation and swelling. The sensation typically returns gradually as healing progresses. However, in some cases, there may be long-lasting changes in sensation. Discuss this possibility with our surgeon during your consultation.
The Benefits of BBL
While it’s essential to be aware of potential risks, it’s equally important to understand the benefits that motivate individuals to choose BBL:
- Increased confidence: BBL improves self-esteem and self-confidence by providing a curvier, more contoured appearance of the buttocks.
- Natural Look and Feel: Unlike implants, BBL uses your body’s own fat, resulting in a more natural look and feel.
- Body Contouring: BBL often includes liposuction, allowing for body contouring and fat reduction in other areas.
- Long-Lasting Results: With proper post-operative care and maintenance, the results of BBL can be long-lasting.
- Personalized Enhancement: BBL can be tailored to your unique body shape and aesthetic goals.
Safety Measures and Considerations
To minimize risks and optimize your BBL experience, consider the following safety measures:
- Choose a Board-Certified Surgeon: Research and select a board-certified plastic surgeon with extensive experience in BBL procedures.
- Discuss Your Medical History: Be open and honest about your medical history, current medications, and any previous surgeries during your consultation.
- Follow Pre- and Post-Operative Instructions: Adhere strictly to your surgeon’s guidelines regarding pre-operative preparation and post-operative care.
- Surgical Facility Accreditation: Ensure that the surgical facility is accredited and maintains high standards of cleanliness and safety.
- Ask Questions: Don’t hesitate to ask your surgeon any questions or express concerns you may have about the procedure.
- Manage Expectations: Have realistic expectations about the outcomes and potential risks associated with BBL.
In conclusion, Brazilian Butt Lift surgery offers remarkable transformations, but it’s vital to understand the risks like infection, and the benefits involved. By choosing a skilled surgeon in cosmetic surgery, following safety measures, and being well-informed, you can embark on your BBL journey with confidence and a clearer understanding of what to expect. Always prioritize your health and well-being throughout the process to achieve the best possible results. Star a virtual consultation!
START A VIRTUAL CONSULTATION
A virtual consultation is when you send us photos of the places of your body where you’d like to improve. Then our surgeon analyzes it to confirm that you are a candidate for that particular procedure. We later inform you about our doctor’s decision and give you a quote with all the information about your surgery. Please, do be at ease that everything is confidential between yourself, the doctor, and the doctor’s representative.